Dr. Helen Xu, OD, MD
Optometrist at HB Eye Care Center in Shrewsbury & West Boylston, MA
“I always believe that the eye is the window of the soul, and through which you can see the health of the body and the mind. I like to take care of patients with vision disorders, and I always treat them like family. Optometry fits my career goal perfectly well.”
- America’s Top Optometrists 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Talk of the Town Awards: Excellence in patient satisfaction 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Certified Provider for Paragon Corneal Refractive Therapy/Ortho-K
- O.D. (05/09), New England College of Optometry, Boston, MA.
- M.D. (07/92), Beijing Medical University School of Medicine, Beijing, China.
- Ophthalmology Resident (08/92-07/97), Department of Ophthalmology, Beijing Friendship Hospital (BFH)-Affiliate of Capital University of Medical Sciences (CUMS), Beijing, China.
- Attending Ophthalmologist (08/97-08/98), Department of Ophthalmology, Beijing Friendship Hospital (BFH)-Affiliate of Capital University of Medical Sciences (CUMS), Beijing, China.
- Vision Scientist (09/98-06/02), 20/20 Vision Research Center, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT.
- Staff, Consulting Ophthalmologists, PC, Hartford, CT. 07/02-06/04); McGovern Eye Care Center, Framingham, MA
- Staff Optometrist (07/09-05/10), Lasik Eye Center, MA
- Optometrist (07/10-present), HB EYE CARE LLC, MA
Contact Lens Training:
New England Eye Institute, Boston, MA